The McCormick-Deering W-9 was a standard tread gasoline powered tractor built by the International Harvester company from 1941 to 1953 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The McCormick-Deering W-9 resembled the smaller W-4 and W-6 but had a more massive appearance. It had no row crop counterpart but instead shared its engine and transmission with the T-9 crawler. Built in the Milwaukee Works, the transmission-final drive design for the W-9 was quite different from the Farmall Works-built W-4 and W-6. In 1941 the W-9 competed with other wheatland-style tractors including the Allis-Chalmers A, the outdated 2-speed Baker 22-40, Case L, Eagle 6A, Huber HS, John Deere D, Minneapolis-Moline GT, and Oliver 90. When the diesel-powered WD-9 was upgraded to become the Super WD-9 in 1953 the gasoline-powered W-9 was not replaced.